- Academic issues: including time management, test taking, or choosing a field of study in preparation for a career
- ACOA and codependency issues
- Adoption issues
- Bicultural issues influencing identity, relationships and career
- Coping with medical conditions or illnesses
- Cultural diversity, acculturation and identity issues experienced by 1st generation U.S. born citizens, international residents, or US citizens returning from living abroad
- Disordered Eating issues
- Emotional issues such as depression/anger, anxiety, mood changes
- Employment indecision or conflict, relationship issues
- Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual issues, including deciding when/how to come out
- Grief and mourning responses to losses involving relationships with people/pets, jobs, following geographical moves
- Midlife transitions, e.g. launching adolescents from the family, entering the job market, changing career course, returning to school for a career change
- Military veterans or their family members
- Police or their family members
- Romantic relationship issues, e.g. premarital/marital partners, separation/divorce, bicultural relationships, intimacy issues, communication difficulties
- Self-esteem issues
- Sexual abuse; PTSD – military, stranger or date rape
- Sexual/gender identity
- Stress management
- Substance use (alcohol, recreational or prescription drugs)
Patricia McMahon, PsyD
Call 847-570-0817 for an initial consultation.
Feel free to leave a voicemail for Dr. McMahon as only she will listen to your message. Or you may text her your first name and telephone number ONLY to 847.922.6672 .
Dr. McMahon is a Clinical Psychologist licensed in Illinois and providing services in downtown Chicago (60602) and Park Ridge (60068).